Sunday, February 26, 2012

To Nook or To Book?

I know I know the title for this post is a bit on the lame side :( I have no creativity this early in the morning after a boring and slow night on the job.

For several months now I've been contemplating whether or not to keep up with technology and get a Kindle or Nook. After weeks and weeks of doing my research I decided to go for the Nook. Still I didn't order it because I wasn't sure if it was going to be worth it in the long run. I mean I love my paper books and having a collection nicely displayed in the house was always something I wanted. I thought it would be nice to have books around so that my kids can read them. I want to make sure that my kids take up reading books as part of their daily routine. Nowadays kids don't pick up books at all and I think books are so important for development. It increases your creativity, helps you maintain an open mind, and helps you improve your vocabulary. I might be asking a little too much from my kids but seriously I think this is something important that should be part of every one's life, young or old.

Anyways. Convenience. Convenience is something that we always look for on everything. Most time we base our decisions on convenience. Do you agree? And that's what happened in this case. Last week I took the plunge and ordered my Nook. It fits in my purse, is not just one book, I can watch movies, play games, read to my son, and so much more from a single device. I just had to get it!

What I decided was to read books on my Nook and if the books I read are totally worth it I'll go ahead and buy them to add to my paper book collection for my kids. Now, that don't mean I'll be buying every book I rate 5 star, rather the more common ones that can be read for school assignments or just for a good pass time.

I just received the Nook yesterday so I haven't played with it much. I plan on playing with it today :) I'm so excited! Best part is that I got the Nook Tablet which has a read back feature I can use for my son. He was super excited I got it. I have a good feeling about this. Let's see if it meets my expectations :)

xoxo
Pamela

No comments:

Post a Comment