My Perfectly Imperfect Husband

April 19, 2018

Untitled 

  Once upon a time, in the midsts of some trials, I had a wonderful stranger reach out to me and pray over me, my husband, our marriage, and our family. I remember it like it was yesterday. We were at a baseball game and I got this call by said stranger. I took the time to speak to her because I figured it was God’s way of reaching out to me. And indeed it was.

We spoke for over an hour. At one point I was standing by a tree trying to get some shade and as I looked up in front of me I had the most perfect view of my husband. In that exact moment she said, you have your trials which are making you a better woman and a better christian and although you don’t understand why things are the way they are don’t forget that you and your husband are still individual persons at the end of the day and God has a plan for him. He has his own trials and his own testimony. God has a plan for him and the things that are happening to him are happening for a reason. He is meant to go through the things that he has gone and is going through because in the long run, God will use it for good.

Her words touched me. I never looked at it that way. I never thought of our trials as individual trials. It was definitely a reality check for me. Since then I’ve been more aware of the things happening in our lives as individuals not just as a family.

I say all this because my husband is amazing. He is far from perfect but he is a dream come true. He is Humble, hard working, loving, and caring. He never stops. He’s always on the go taking care of him self whether is by eating right and working out, he’s involved with our children in all areas of their lives. And I mean like every area. I am both lucky and blessed to have him as my parenthood partner. And he’s always going the extra mile to help me out. He’s willing to cook, clean, take a day off to stay with the kids, the list goes on. But most importantly he’s always pushing me to be the best version of me possible. 

I don’t think he truly knows the blessing that he has been in my life. I want to tell the world how amazing of a man I had the privilege of marrying but I can’t brag, not in social media, not to those that wouldn’t understand or those would take it the wrong way. Instead I’ve decided to post it here so that our children and grandchildren can read about this awesome man. I have decided to be thankful to God for this precious gift. For this man that although very far from perfect is truly the most perfectly imperfect man I have ever met.

My love, I love you beyond words. I look forward to spending the rest of my life with you. Of growing old together and reminiscing on the good old days and the not so good old days. Thank you for all that you do for me, for us, for our little family. I wish tons of blessings upon you. I pray that you never loose your humbleness and that you never stop caring and trying your hardest. I pray that you reach your full potential in this journey that we call life. I love you far beyond the moon. 🌙

Post a Comment