Wednesday, February 17, 2016


So, not even a month into this little project and I'm already falling behind. Oh Pammy, what am I going to do with you?! At least my weeks are typed up, it's just a matter of adding some pictures to them and I hope to catch up with them by this weekend. *fingers crossed*


What an ugly Monday it was outside. After all the anticipated snow there was nothing but chaos left on the roads. Cars stranded all over the streets, no sidewalks, school closed for the entire week, it was bad yet life had to continue on. In our case hubby had to take a trip over to his moms to dig out his truck from under all the snow while I had an appointment at a new daycare location for Adrian. As much as I love his current daycare and all the staff the high payments are starting to leave a hole in my pockets. Sometimes I wonder why I even bother working if the majority of my earnings goes to paying someone to watch my child while I work to earn the money they deserve to care for my child. Did I lose you? Ha! It's fun how this world works right? hahaha. Anyways, the hubby took the boys with him and I went ahead to the scheduled appointment. After an hour of filling out paperwork and getting information on this place AJ qualified to start in September of this year. Plan was to keep him at his current daycare till June and have him off for the summer since he hardly goes all 5 days over the summer anyways. However, with my current news of being accepted into the nursing program things have changed a bit and we're still deciding which route we will go in terms of keeping AJ in daycare till June, taking him out in April, and who will watch him in the mean time.


After the appointment I drove over to MIL where hubby was working on shoveling out his truck with BIL and his mom's husband. By dinner time we were still there so Steph and I took it upon ourselves to order Pizza and have the guys pick it up which they did reluctantly. All in all it was a snowed in day playing with Abel and watching movies while the older kids played in the snow and tried building a snowman and the hubbies shoveled. Around 7pm we headed home to get the kids ready for bed and prep for work the next day. Good thing about having AJ attend the daycare at the hospital is that I don't have to drive out of my way to take him there so it's one simple drive to work via the highway with no stops in between, I'm sure going to miss that.


Tuesday and Wednesday were both work days for me and hubby. AJ attended daycare and Steven and Lito stayed home with my sister. After this two days I concluded that my sister is not as mature as I was when I was her age and was left to babysit. And if someone tells me that maybe I wasn't as mature as I think I was and I was just like her then wow I had one irresponsible mother for leaving me home with three kids because wow my sister sucks at baby sitting and let me just leave it at that in case she happens to start reading this blog of mine. I don't need both of my sister to not speak to me.


Thursday was AJ's 3 years old well visit.My little guy is all grown up!He got his blood pressure taken for the first time and he got an eye exam. And let me just say that my baby left me speechless. The nurse had him cover one eye at a time and tell her the shapes across the room and he got them all correct from the biggest sizes to the tiniest little one all the way at the bottom of the chart. What had me laughing the entire time was that he would say the shape and then give an example of it like for example he would say star like in the sky, flag like race car, and my favorite heart like in the ER" ER what does he mean ER? I thought to myself and then quickly realized that he meant to say hospital hahaha. Where does this child get this stuff?! I was seriously laughing out loud.

During his time with the doctor the doctor heard an irregular heart rhythm which she said could be nothing but she rather be sure then overlook it and be wrong so she asked that I take him to the main hospital across the street to get an EKG. That pretty much took our entire afternoon. I was worried so so I headed over right away and since no appointment was needed the only thing we would lose was a few minutes of waiting. After checking in we waited almost an hour before being taken back and all who knows what an EKG is knows that it's pretty much done in 5 minutes or less. But whatever, we got it done and had to deal with the weekend before we heard back from the doctor on Monday who again said "it could be nothing but I prefer if he is seen by a pediatric cardiologist". So now we are scheduled to to meet with a Peds Cardiologist on the18th.


The rest of that day consisted of cleaning cooking and a nice glass of wine, maybe two or three. All I know is that I needed it and it helped me relax a bit before going back to work the next day.


Friday = work day. This is my week of 4 so you already know I was beat. I was actually suppose to be off this day but ended up switching days with a co worker. She worked my Saturday and I worked her Friday which was really nice because I haven't had a Saturday off since the beginning of the month and that felt like an eternity. 

Saturday started off pretty smooth. I woke up at 7:03am just like I had fallen asleep, on hubby's chest. We stood in bed awhile and around 8 he got up to use the restroom. I wanted to go to the salon this morning and get a trim, well more than a trim I wanted to get rid of most of my layers but keep a decent length plus have a different look. I heard AJ and knew for a fact that hubby went to kiss him and woke him in the process. I got up myself and use the restroom. I requested coffee which hints the hubby to get downstairs first. After finishing up in the bathroom and brushing AJs teeth we followed him. I started on pancakes. I wanted something quick since I wanted to head out soon but there wasn't enough milk and I had already told AJ I would make him pancakes. Hubby leaves to go to the gym and after breakfast we headed over to the salon. I got a call from my mom, she's pretty much calling to see if I was picking her up at the airport and I made it clear that I would not. I work both Wednesday and Thursday and I'm not going to drive 4 hours between my time off. Plus I'm still upset with her for changing her return flight twice on me. She knows I count on her with the older kids especially the last week since there was no school due to snow. She wasn't too happy but she kind of expected it.


At the salon the kids were driving me nuts. Mainly Adrian. He had way to many lollipops, wanted things his way, got loud and talked back to me and his brother. He was just on his worse behavior and I felt like my hands were tied because 1) I was under the dryer, and 2) there were way too many people. Hispanic people. My stylist kept telling me to relax and  breathe that we were almost done but that was the longest three hours I had experienced in a very long time. We were there from about 1030a to 1:15p but I got my cut and was well pleased with it and the price :) 

In the car I wanted to scream at the kids so bad but I got it together and relaxed. Again.  I realized it was a long time for them too to be sitting there with dead iPads and no toys or even without being able to move around much. Plus AJ was the one acting up most. I decided to take them to McDonald's for lunch. Not as a price but it could have been worse. 

After getting home the boys all played in the room and I sent the husband to run some errands for me while I went through the mail for the last two weeks. I can't never keep up with it, worse part of being an adult aside from paying bills. Why do we get so much junk mail? Meanwhile my cousin sends a group message cancelling our wine and cheese gathering. That messed me up bad. I was already in a bad mood because of the way the kids behaved in the salon and because the husband acted very selfish today by not picking them up after agreeing to do so after the gym. I couldn't go to the gym myself and my girls night was cancelled. I made plans with another cousin to go to her house instead, I just wanted to get out of the house, but then started to feel lazy and thinking of the late drive back home. By the time 6pm rolled around I decided to stay in. I thought that the husband was going to do the same since he said his boys weren't really getting back to him about hanging out but joke was on me. After dinner, we ended up ordering Chinese, he jumped in the shower and got ready for what seemed a night out in the town. That was the lighter that blew up my bomb and well, there goes the first argument of the year. 

I know that this is very petty to be mad about but it always happens. I make plans to go out, the plans get cancelled and he ends up going out instead which takes me back to my confession post. I seriously need more fun friends in my life ***Sigh*** Or do I? 

I sent him a message to clear the waters between us tomorrow and he responded with an emoji so I doubt the waters are clear.

Weekly pictures of the boys 4/52



No comments:

Post a Comment