Summer 2017 *Highlights

October 25, 2017

2017-10-24_0002

* Trip to Ocean City, MD in June and August. For the June trip my childhood best friend and her little family joined us. In August hubby's sister was in town from California with her husband and children and they wanted to take the trip to OC since it had been years that they had visited and so we tagged along for that one as well. As always, it was a well deserved beach getaway.

* Steven graduated from the fifth grade and finished his last year in the program El Systema where he played the Viola for three years and taught himself to play the guitar. It was a bittersweet moment as that marked both the end and the beginning of a new stage in both of our life, Steven entering the preteens/middle school years as we embarked on being the parents of a teenager wagon.

* We had great baseball season. We made it to the championship as well as the All Star games and although we did not win in the All Star games it was such an amazing experience for all the kids. I am kind of looking forward to next season :)

* Hubby and I celebrated six years of marriage. I still can't believe that we are where we are today after all of our problems shortly after marriage. God is good y'all, God is good. 

* After two years of not getting our family pictures we were able to do so over the summer. I love to freeze certain moments in time to look back on as the years moves on.

2017-10-24_0005

2017-10-24_0003

*I successfully completed my med/surg rotation in nursing school. There's more to this story so make sure to stop by and read about my struggles in nursing school thus far, which will be blogged soon.

*Weddings, birthdays, pool time, gardening, grilling, and several camping trips filled up our summer agenda.

*My little cousin came from the Dominican Republic to play in a baseball tournament and after it as over he stayed with us until late August. He was able to come with us to OC and experience summer here in the sates. He was very quiet and reserved and it was like pulling teeth to get him chime in a conversation so I really hoped he enjoyed his time here. The boys and him got along really good, specially AJ. I'm sure he went home and had tons of stories to share about my little crazy family :)

*I am proud to say that as of August 2017 I am an official USA Citizen!

2017-10-24_0001

2017-10-24_0004

2017-10-24_0006


This was definitely a busy summer, or at least it felt like it. 



Post a Comment