Third Pregnancy Bumpdate

June 21, 2019

Baby #3 

I have not documented this pregnancy whatsoever. Shame on me. I guess third baby syndrome is a real thing hahaha

32 weeks ago we found out we were 4wks pregnant. Today at 36 weeks we have 4wks to go. Y’all this is surreal.

So a little update. We still don’t know the gender. We’ve been hanging strong and I’m so proud of us for that. Now I’m not going to lie. A couple of times throughout this journey I’ve went a little crazy from not knowing and wanting to know really bad! I mean I even tried looking through my chart to see the ultrasound pictures but nada. I guess they take it serious when you tell them you don’t want to know the gender 🤷🏽‍♀️ but then I was fine. I realized this pregnancy has a very high probability that it’ll be our last baby that I host inside my body and I’ll probably never get the chance to try this again so like the saying goes, “why leave for tomorrow what you can do today”. Then as soon as I hit 30 weeks I just felt so relaxed about this whole thing and things have been pretty well since then. I love this baby sooo much already and I look forward to holding it and cuddling it and smothering it with love, lots of love and kisses.

In regards to symptoms this pregnancy I honestly cannot complain. I have yet to throw up at all. I had some episodes of nausea but it was mostly in the beginning when I went too long without eating or even drinking. On occasion I still get nauseated but I can usually trace it back to either under eating or over eating. I’ve also had a bad taste in my mouth since the very beginning. I can’t really explain it, it was just such a weird taste that I couldn’t get rid off at all. Eating gum would help but as soon as the gum went bad the taste came right back. Thankfully I haven’t felt that in a couple of months now. The most I’ve had to deal with is a little bit of heart burn and acid reflux when I burp. Recently I’ve been dealing with some swelling but I guess that’s expected at this point in pregnancy and with the heat. I’ve also been experiencing some left upper abdominal pain especially after pulling a muscle in that area at work. Lower back pain has also been a constant struggle this pregnancy. I am thankful for thse symptoms because I know  it could be a lot worse. It can always be worse.

The boys feelings about a little sibling. Well, Steven jr wasn’t thrilled. He said that he was too big already for us to be having a baby at his age hahaha. And when he found out this baby was coming in July... we’ll friends that didn’t go well. We were supposed to take a trip for his 13th Birthday and obviously that wasn’t going to happen anymore. Lately however he’s been better about this baby. He’ll rub my belly and ask about the baby’s growth and he asks every time I see the OB if I found out the gender. He wants to know so bad but he doesn’t really say what he thinks it is. Adrian in the other hand he’s has been all about his baby brother or sister. He is so affectionate towards the belly/baby. He talks to it, rubs it, kiss it, you name it. I know without a doubt that he is going to be the best big brother to this baby. At first he would say he wanted a baby sister and recently he’s been saying he wants a baby brother. He also want to be present for the delivery because he’s super curious about how baby’s come out of their mommy’s tummy , Ha! he is so funny and innocent.

Baby #3 


Hubby is obviously excited for this babe as well. We were trying for quite the while before it finally happened and when I told him he was definitely surprised and not expecting it although he knew it was coming. He has been super sweet with this pregnancy as well. He spoils me rotten and loves to rub the belly and talk to the baby. He's done pretty good with not knowing the gender as well. A lot better than me actually. Lately he's been saying he wishes he'd know already but for the most part he's always so busy he probably doesn't even have time to stress about it, unlike me. 

Baby names. I think we have settle on names for both gender. I’m excited to share that once this baby is born. Is funny how both names start with the letter C so we’ve been referring to it as Baby C. Both names have special meaning to us, more so me but we are both on the same page about them and I look forward to meting this babes and seeing if he/she looks like the name we picked. 

We have yet to work on a nursery this time around.  Even though we have extra rooms that we can use for a nursery we are also in the process of looking for a house and I'd hate to start a nursery here just to do it over again in a new place. So baby will be rooming in with us for the time being because that's how it goes in the beginning anyways. We have a basinet for our room and I'm waiting for a changing table and rocking chair to arrive. I hope that we find a place while I'm not on leave but if that doesn't haven we are going to analyze the situation and decide whether or not set up the crib in AJs old room and go from there. I have lots of plans for this baby's nursery, boy or girl I have it all covered.

Other than that friends that's pretty much it. I've gained quite the pounds with this pregnancy. I feel huge and people tell me all the time that I look big, how nice no? I hope to bounce back to my pre pregnancy weight after delivery but I know it is going to take a lot of discipline from my part. In the meantime however the countdown is own. Baby will be considered full term next week and as long as it doesn't come on Steven Jr's birthday this baby is welcome to arrive when he/she wants :)

Baby #3

Post a Comment