Hawaii 2021

August 12, 2021

Hawaii


This year has felt like we’ve been trying to play catch up with everything that we didn’t get to do in 2020. It was like everything, especially trips, were put on hold but the world still moved on. And so was our Hawaii vacation. 


Although it was my intention to visit Hawaii in 2020 visiting in 2021 couldn’t have been the most perfect time. Hubby and I were to celebrate 10 years of marriage while our oldest turned 15 years old a week later and so a vacation to celebrate both events was definitely in the books. It just so happened that my mother and sisters joined us as well and so it turned into a big group. Challenging yes. Memorable you bet!


We visited two islands, Maui and Oahu, for a total of twelve days. The planning was intense being that there were a lot of us and planning a trip in the middle of Covid-19 was no fun either. Hawaii was/is the State with the lowest cases and is mainly due to their travel restrictions and requirements, yet so many people are still visiting. 


There is so much to do and see in the islands. 12 days was definitely not enough but we made it work. Being that we were traveling with two toddlers, an 8 years old, and a 14 years old I knew I had to pace myself with so many adventures. My goal was to have us see as many parts of the islands as possible while still making it enjoyable for the kids so I allotted for enough pool time during our down time to keep the little ones as happy as possible. 


I want to document this trip well and to do that I will be breaking down certain topics/adventures into its own post. Please bare with me as I organize my thoughts, type, select photos, and share a very memorable vacation. 


to be continued...

Post a Comment