36 in Iceland

April 3, 2023

Iceland


Why Iceland? Is what I kept hearing from everyone I told about my plans. 

My response, why not? Why not Iceland.  


You see, over the years I have learned that my desire to travel is not just to get away. I love to travel for the experience, for the culture, to see the many unique wonders the world has to offer. And boy does Iceland have many wonders.


Many years ago I had several people in my Instagram feed traveling to Iceland and many other parts of the world. At that point in my like I couldn’t really afford to travel. I was a broke nursing student who worked 8-16 hrs per week. But I told myself that once I was able to afford it I would be traveling the world. That is a personal goal of mine. Will I ever truly travel the world? I don’t know that for sure. But I’m not going to limit myself to think of the possibility of being able to do that. Why? Because why not? Why not travel the world? Why not me? 


Just 5 year ago, what started as a birthday trip getaway to Mexico led to our travels adventures to 10 different countries, not counting our native lands, others states in North America, and multiple trips to the same country. This may be nothing in comparison to what others have traveled to, but it is also a lot compared to where many will travel to in their lifetime. So why not? If you can dream it you can make it happen. 


I never finished my posts on our Dubai and Egypt trip for my 35th birthday, or on Hawaii, or every other place we've visited, but they’re on the works I promise 😆. 


This year I was stuck on Iceland. You won’t believe how much I went back and forth deciding if that was the right move. It was completely different from what we’ve ever done. We’ve have never taken a vacation to a cold and unpredictable weather location. I had several other, warmer,  locations in mind but for some reason I kept going back to Iceland. I was intrigued on how different this trip would be compared to past trips. The many cool adventures we would be able to experience. Another big factor was the ability to go for just a few days. We had taken a very long trip last year and I had told the husband that this year I would plan something short so that he can splurge for his birthday. 


And so taking many things into consideration Iceland won. I booked our flights for five days and got to actually booking hotel, car rental, and excursions. Up until the moment the plane took off I couldn’t believe I was going through with it. We were really going to Iceland after 7 years of dreaming about it. 


Y’all. If you want something never lose hope. At that right time God will provide a means and a way. Trust the process and the journey!!! 


The adventures to look forward to about this trip include the Blue and Sky Lagoon, snorkeling in 2 degree Celsius water, chasing waterfalls, glacier and ice cave hikes, a south east road trip with unpredictable weather, experiencing the northern lights, and of course Reykjavik. 


I truly feel in love with Iceland. I can't see myself living there like I can see myself living in Mexico 😆,  but I would return in a heartbeat and I 100% think is a country you should experience even for a day as a layover. 



Iceland

Post a Comment