Happy Thanksgiving!

November 24, 2011

How is your day going so far???

I actually slept all day until about 3ish. Mostly because I have to work tonight, a 12 hour shift. But more because we went out dancing last night with some friends then we did the usual and headed to the diner for breakfast after the club and we didn't go to bed until almost 4am, if not later. Lucky for me I didn't have to cook. My mother-in-law did all the cooking today and I just had to show up and bring my appetite :) I did help with the dishes though.

Normally I'm really excited about thanksgiving. However, for some reason I wasn't that excited this year. Maybe it was because I have to work so I couldn't really enjoy the turkey. Or maybe it was because I don't feel thankful for some events I had to deal with the past few months. Or maybe it's just because I'm still not able to host a Thanksgiving dinner at my own house due to the fact that we don't own one yet. Whatever the case might of been it brought down my energy for today.

Nevertheless, Thanksgiving is a time for giving thanks and aside from the issues above I'm still thankful for a lot more things in my life. This year I'm thankful for (in no specific order)

1. Increasing my faith in God and believing again.
2. For my son who makes me love life more and more each day.
3. For my mother. Although we had our little issues back when I was a teen I love her so much and I wouldn't choose anyone else to be my mother but her.
4. My husband. He has taught me lots of valuable lessons this year.
5. My mother-in-law. She has been amazing the past few months helping me with the boys and dinner while I adjust to my new schedule.
6. My VIP girls. My life would feel so empty and different without them.
7. My health.
8. My job and a roof over my head.
9. The new friends I've gotten to meet and know better this year. And the old ones that were there for me when I needed them most.
10. And my family. Immediate and external. They have all given me and shown me so much love and support. I love them all dearly.

Life always throws you unexpected surprises and just like lemons you get to decide if to make lemonades or not. In this case I choose to accept these surprises and make the best out of them.

What are you thankful for this year?



Post a Comment