Twnty-six

March 18, 2013


Another year, another birthday. I cannot believe I'm 26 already. Where is time going? My 6 years old is almost as tall as I am and my baby sister is a teenager. When did that happen?

Aside from the shock of my age these days I had a very nice birthday weekend. I wanted to keep it low key and didn't really plan anything special beside having dinner at Marrakesh, an authentic Moroccan restaurant in Philadelphia, with a friend and her husband but other things came about and I couldn't resist.

My weekend started with a dinner outing with my mother, sisters, husband, and sons to Chili's. It was nice spending that time with them and reminiscing on my life as a teenager. After dinner we drove to the mall to look for a birthday outfit because we decided to go dancing at the last minute. One thing you should now about me is that I love my Spanish music and dancing to it. If I'm ever mad or sad just turn the radio on and I'll be alright ;)



After leaving the Mall we went home and got ready to go out. We met with my cousin and a few of my husband's friends. They bought a few bottles and got a hookah and that along with some dancing made for a great start to my birthday. I might of had a little too much to drink because my head was pounding the next day. But I had such a good time that it was worth it. Saturday came and I spent the day at my mothers. Just relaxing and trying to recuperate from the night before because we had some driving to do to go celebrate with other friends of mine. As I was leaving my mother's house my comadre showed and and surprised me with my favorite cake ever! Tres Leches. Mmmm was that cake good. She also brought me a bottle of liquor which I plan to save for quite some time. Minutes later we headed home to finish getting ready and start our drive to Philadelphia. We were running super late and had to push our reservation. Luckily that wasn't an issue and everything turned out better than we had all anticipated. We met at the restaurant and had a 7 course meal accompanied by some wine. This was a very interesting experience since we had to eat from a shared plate with our hands. They had a belly dancer that came out and tried to pull us out to dance with her. The food was delicious too! It was a great time. After dinner we headed to R2L for dessert. This part of the evening was a surprise and so worth it. The view was spectacular and the dessert... Lets just say 2 days later and I can still taste every bit of it. The only thing I wasn't a fan of was my "ice wine" too sweet, too little, too expensive". At least I can say I've tried it jejeje. By the end of the night I was exhausted. We drove home and I couldn't get out of my mind that there was still another day left to celebrate. Oh boy.




Steven had his mother make me a ColdStone inspired cake. It was a layer of strawberry ice cream, vanilla cake, and cookie dough ice cream frosted with whip cream and heavy cream and topped with my favorite candies (gummy bears, twix, Reese's, and some others I can't remember). It was really good. He invited our immediate family over as well as our compadres (AJ godparents). We ate a lot once again and had a great time. I couldn't have asked for a better birthday. And I owe it all to my wonderful husband and fabulous friends and family.




Is funny because the past two weeks I've been feeling somewhat anxious about turning 26. I mean 26 is no big deal but to me is a stage where you're not 30 yet but can't be acting like a 21 year old either. So how do I act? Are there different expectations? To an outsider my life may look almost perfect and on the right track. Married. House owner. Two kids. So-So job. Etc etc but to me it feels off track and behind and it all goes back to not having my career started. This college thing while married and with young kids is no joke. There's so much thrown on my plate I just want to scream at times. But I know it will all be worth it and over very soon. I'm just glad I'm able to document this stage of my life so that years down the road I can look back and see all the frustration I dealt with and all my accomplishments. So that I can show my kids that the grass is not always greener on the other side and most importantly that they can get anything they want if they work hard and don't give up.

Is funny to say but I feel different. Like a new person with new aspirations. More mature. With a better outlook on life. I feel grown!

Thank you Jesus for another year surrounded by fabulous people and good health. I couldn't ask for more.

 photo sig.jpg

Post a Comment