A Chocolatey Treat

March 20, 2013




What a day what a day.

I've had a rough day today. From not having a baby sitter and missing my class, to being disturbed over a very disgusting Facebook post. I've just about had it and that called for a nice chocolate cake. I'm not a fan of chocolate like that. I eat it rarely and is almost never as a cake. Maybe a brownie but mostly a chocolate and peanut bar. Although I'm not a fan of peanuts either. Yes I'm weird like that.

A few weeks ago I saw this recipe posted on another blog and it looked and sounded tasty so I decided to give it a try and today was the day. I've noticed that when I'm upset I like to bake and what better than chocolate to cheer me up. Well don't you know this cake did the trick. I had it with some milk and boy did it taste good. I even went for seconds ;) is not the healthiest, but so worth it and acceptable when you have a day like mine.

Here's the recipe. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Triple Chocolate Bundt Cake

Ingredients:
-chocolate cake mix
-chocolate instant pudding mix
-1 bag of chocolate chips (I used half)
-4 eggs
-1cup sour cream
-3/4 cup oil
-3/4 cup water

Directions: (just as it appears on the blog I found it)

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

2. Mix all ingredients well and pour batter into a well-greased bundt pan.

3. Bake on 2nd to bottom rack for 40-50 minutes.

4. Remove from oven; let cake cool completely in pan.

5. Take a small slender spatula and loosen cake around the outside & inside edges. Tip upside down onto platter.

6. Cake can be refrigerated & removed prior to serving or tastes just as good chilled.

*I sprinkled some powered sugar as well.


 photo sig.jpg

Post a Comment