Lactation Cookies Recipe

November 16, 2013

recipes

These babies have been my everything lately. I'm sure that they are also the reason for the +3lbs I've gained. But omg are they good. And they sure do a great job at helping me lactate more. It did however take about two weeks before I saw a change in my supply.

I heard of lactation cookies so many times in forums and while searching for ways to increase my supply but I was scare to try them. First because the two main ingredients intimidated me, I have no idea why. And two because I was afraid I wasn't going to be able to control my eating them, hahaha. I have to admit though, I'm glad I tried them this late in the game otherwise I would have never gotten rid of my pregnancy weight left and probably would of added an extra 10lbs to that. Yikes! So as delicious as they are just be very careful with how many you eat in a day. Most I ate was 8. Shame on me.

recipes

Ingredients:
1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
4 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons flax seed meal
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
3 cups oats
1 cup chocolate chips
2 -4 tablespoons brewer's yeast

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Mix the flaxseed meal and water and let sit for 3-5 minutes.
3. Beat butter, sugar, and brown sugar well.
4. Add eggs and mix well.
5. Add flaxseed mix and vanilla, beat well.
6. Sift together flour, brewers yeast, baking soda, and salt.
7. Add dry ingredients to butter mix.
8. Stir in oats and chips (I didn't use the chocolate chips the second time around and they turned out great anyways)
9. Scoop onto baking sheet.
10. Bake for 12 minutes.
11. Let set for a couple minutes then remove from tray.

You can find the original recipe here.

I hope you enjoy them as much as I did and that they help with your supply!


 photo sig.jpg

Post a Comment