Breastfeeding Frustration

July 29, 2013

I have no idea what's going on with my body but it needs to get its act together. Now!

Ever since 4 months postpartum, after resolving my low supply issue not even a month had passed when my low supply started up again. Great. Just great! 

Since then I've been struggling beyond your imagination trying to keep up my supply. Now, I'm proud to have made it this far with AJ compare to Steven but I'm not ready to call it quits. Not yet. I'm just not ready. Still, no matter what I try it just doesn't work. Between eating oatmeal for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, eating more fish, going back and forth between Fenugreek, Brewers Yeast, and Flex Seed Oil I'm really running out of options here. I feed as often as I can possible feed for as long as my very nosy growing child wishes. I try to keep hydrated and pump when I'm not around for a feeding. Okay. I admit that I'm not so great with that. I dislike pumping very much but I do my best to keep up with it and I don't think that skipping a pumping session here and there would decrease my supply this much. Will it?

Another factor that I'm without a doubt sure that is affecting me is feeding AJ solids. I know that your milk supply decreases after starting baby on solids but really? More then what it had already decrease? Really? Ugh! I'm so frustrated! I honestly don't know what else to do. To try. 

Ok. Lets calm down. Is not that bad. Thinking back to the first low supply episode I encountered this on is actually decent. Back then I barely made it to an ounce. At least now I'm still at 1.5-3 ounces. So it could be worse. And it will be worse if I don't get this supply up before we go on our vacation later in September. Oh Jesus what am I to do? 

I feel as if I produce a lot more over night. However I can't be producing much more over night because I only work two nights a week. I need to shift that to more during the day. I actually worry that my child is being under fed because of my supply. Yet I can't even confirm that because he has enough wet and soil diapers. And it doesn't help that he's gained 1lb in 2 weeks. But I'm certain that that's due to eating solids more then anything. Could it be that I'm overreacting? Maybe my supply is right where it needs to be and I'm worrying for nothing? Is a possibility. 

So then what do I do to have enough milk saved for when I work or go out on my date nights? 

I am freaking out here! I still have 5 months to go. I need to get this breastfeeding back on track. So far today is day two of Fenugreek. I had stopped it because it had my baby very irritable. And I couldn't bare watching him cry uncontrollably. Now that his digestive system is more developed maybe he won't be as irritable to it as before. So I'm starting slow. 4 days of 1 capsule 3x a day. 4 days of 2 capsule 3x a day. Then 4 days of 3 capsule 3x a day. Lets see how this does for him and my supply. If there's no change in my supply and AJ seems irritable again that'll definitely be the end to our breastfeeding journey. I'm going to have to start thinking about substituting with formula. Nooo! :**( 

Update to follow! 


 photo sig.jpg

Post a Comment