Banana Oatmeal Smoothie

October 24, 2013

Recipes

The easiest recipe I own. Not Only that but it is healthy and in my case it helps with lactation. 

Oats is said to be a milk enhancer. And I can vouch for that. Ever since my supply issues back as early as 8 weeks postpartum I've been including quick oats in my everyday diet. Whether is your traditional oatmeal sprinkled with some brown sugar, apple muffins, cookies, or my favorite, a smoothie. 

If it'll help me achieve my goal of breastfeeding to at least a year, I'm in.

 I've seen a difference in my supply in as early as two days. Not only in quantity but quality as well. I mean you can just tell the milk is richer. It has better color and is creamier. Not as liquid as some of my expressed milk when I stop eating oats for a few days. 

I looked and looked for a recipe that would be quick, easy, and tasty. I found a few but eventually I made it my own. Because like I said, I wanted something quick, easy, and tasty. 

Recipes 

All you'll need is:
-1 Banana 
-1/2 a 12oz evaporated milk (or I use a use a 5oz can my mom gets for me)
-1/4 Quick Oats
-4-5 Ice cubes 

Recipes

Combine all ingredients in a blender or bullet (I use the bullet) and mix away. 

End result is this simply yummy drink. No sugar added or extra ingredients. It taste delicious this way and you're not adding any unnecessary calories. I can whip this up in less then five minutes either for breakfast, lunch, or dessert.
Recipes


 photo sig.jpg

2 comments

  1. This sounds like such a good and EASY recipe! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh but it is lol. By the end of the year I'm going to be all oat out lol

      Delete