52 WOBWAP: The Meaning of Marrige

October 9, 2013

Imarriage


 The meaning of marriage. 

It varies from person to person and couple to couple but many of us can agree that marriage is commitment. You commit yourselves, and vise versa, to spend the rest of your life with one person. To love them till the end of time. To be faithful and respect them. To care for them and be by their side in the good and the bad. To build a life with them. To grow together. To build a family and create a legacy. Your legacy. We can spend hours upon hours talking about the meaning of marriage and it it means to each of us. However at the end of the day what really matter is what marriage means to you as a couple. Yes as a couple. Because if you both are not on the same page your marriage will be nothing like what you dreamt  it would be. 

Loyalty and Respect. You owe it to your other half to be loyal to them and to respect them. They chose you to spend the rest of their life with. That's something we shouldn't take for granted. 

Companionship. It means to walk through life with each other. Sharing the good and the bad. To grow old together and when old age comes reminise about that journey you just took. Together. 

Affection. Is not all about the kids, dinner parties, and holidays. Number one on the list should be about you and your spouse. Kissing and holding hands shouldn't stop after the honeymoon phase is over. It should continue forever. The date nights. The couples getaways. The compliments and small simple gifts. The cuddles. The quality time. That's what keeps the fire going in a marriage. 

Not giving up. Marriage is forever. Life is hard and we shouldn't expect marriage to be any different. If there's an issue work it out. Disagreements are good, you became husband and wife, it doesn't mean that you gave up your identity. Sacrifices will have to be made but the outcome will be so much more worth it. 

I honestly believe that marriages today are not what they used to be. And that my friend is a sad truth. Reason being because I see many couples getting married because they are forced into it. Usually by the other person through persuasion. Or simply because they want the nice wedding with the white dress. Is no longer about building a family, loving intensively, growing old together. 

I married my husband because I love him. Because he made me happy. He made me want to do better, be better. Because I wanted to make him happy. Because be was my son's father. Because I wanted to build a family with him. Because I wanted to grow old with him. I married my husband because he is my better half. 

  marriage 




   photo sig.jpg

Post a Comment