Half Way

September 17, 2017

Untitled 

Half way through my 30th year of life I also find myself being half way through nursing school. Those who know about my school journey know that it has been a very long one. Ten years to be exact.

WOW!  Ten years!

Crazy I know. I can't even believe it. Actually I have mixed feeling about that.

Growing up I always dreamed of going to college but I was never sure what I wanted to study. Criminal law was always an option but I made it through one month of college back in 2005 and then thought "this is not for me". I find it both frustrating and satisfying the road my life took from there. Some days I wish that I would have gone to college and would have graduated within the 2-4 years mark, but then I think well maybe I wouldn't have been in the nursing field. It took years for me to realize how passionate I was about it and here I am ten years later half way through nursing school. 

It hasn't been nothing easy. Nursing school is no joke. I'm always broke because I can't work too much. I spend most of the hours in my day either in lecture or studying for an exam. I yell at my kids more often then I'd like to admit. I'm stressed more often then not. I'm constantly eating, better yet eating junk. I've have developed crazy testing anxiety. My marriage have felt like a roller-coaster. I depend on my mom to pick up so much of my slack. I don't get enough sleep and I'm definitely addicted to coffee by now. And as of recent I have developed chronic headaches. 

On the plus side of that I have learned so much! 

Last week we had our recognition/half way mark ceremony and it felt so good. I am so proud of my self and the example I am giving my boys. I couldn't have made it this far without the support of my family, lots of praying, and the new friendships I've made.

I know we still have several months for the year to be over but I am so ready for 2018 to get here. It is going to be an amazing year!

"If you haven't thought of quitting, your dreams are not big enough."

3 comments

  1. Hello, I Like your blog, I wanted to leave a little comment to support you and wish you a good continuation. Wish you best of luck for all your best efforts. Love Marriage | Arrange Marriage

    ReplyDelete