Word of the Year: Patience

January 24, 2018

Untitled

the capacity to accept or tolerate delay, trouble, or suffering without getting angry or upset. -as stated by Google.

That's my word for 2018. 

This was actually pretty easy to decide on. All through 2017 I noticed that I had little to no patience. I wanted things to happen right away and I wanted nothing more than to just get through whatever I was working at at the moment. Whether it was with school, buying a new home, getting pregnant, working, saving more, you name it! I also noticed that my patience was very limited with my own children. I would get mad often and I would lose control faster than I should have which would then make me feel guilty and like the worse mother ever. So as 2017 ended and I gave thought to what word I wanted to embrace on the new year and patience was screaming right at me. 

Last year my word was Healing. I was emotionally crushed in so many ways and while at church early that year the message that particular Sunday convinced me that I needed spiritual healing in my life and all through the year I prayed and searched for ways to heal my soul and believe it or not by the end of 2017 I felt the change.

Ever since I started doing a word of the year I've concluded that by the end of that particular year I was able to gain a new perspective in life. It has seriously been one of the best idea ever invented. So thank you to whom ever came up with this, this has truly been a great way to grow and mature year after year. 

So here's to 2018, the year of being patience and allowing life to do its work :) 



Past Word of the Year:
2015 Grace
2016 Faith
2017 Healing

Post a Comment