29

March 23, 2016


29, Wow, I can't even believe it. It definitely sounds a lot worse than it is but I am seriously speechless. You know how they say age is nothing but a number? Well I sort of agree. I mean, I definitely do not feel my age. I feel like I'm 24 going on 25 but wiser and more mature than what the normal 25 year old is at that age or even from what I was at that age. I don't feel like I should be married to a hunk of a guy who owns his own business or be the mother of two adorable boys, especially to one who will be entering the double digits this summer. Although I am right at that age where everything seem to make sense and is finally coming together like it should, my soul feels young and for that I am thankful.

A lot has happened this last ten years. From becoming a mother at 19, moving in with my now husband mainly because it was the right thing to do, because in all honestly I'm sure that even though we said we were "in love" with each other then I don't think we really thought that we would be each other's last relationship. From getting married, traveling to amazing places, becoming parents for the first time, dealing with heartaches and headaches on both sides, learning to love, like truly love each other and forgive. Most importantly learning what it takes to maintain a marriage, a happy marriage at that, and growing. Like actually growing, both physically and mentally. That has been my favorite part of my relationship with my husband seeing the way we have changed over the years, how grown we look now, how much we have mature, and realizing that one of the best parts of growing old together is experiencing life together. The good and the bad. At nineteen I liked this man, I liked him A Lot. A decade later I can be certain that I Love this man and that this is the man my heavenly father had set aside for me to grow old with. We are far from perfect and there's still so much more growing up to do but I can't see myself growing old with anyone else. He knows me, he gets me, and he loves me for me flaws and all and for that I am blessed.

I've learned about friendships. I've made several of them over the years and I have discovered that not every relationship can be considered a true friendship. I've had my fair share of heartaches in this department too and it has led me to understand that not everyone have the same intentions as me, that not everyone respect the meaning of a "friendship". This as well as other disappointments have created trust issues for me and boy oh boy is that something hard to overcome. I hope that in this next decade I will learn to overcome that but for right now my trust issues linger around like an evil spirit trying to destroy me. I have also learned that your support system will consist of those you never thought of but are always around. I have many acquaintances and I am thankful to have them in my life but if I were to lose them it honestly wouldn't be the end of the world. This thought actually reminds me of my early teen years when I thought that losing my bff was the end of the world. Eighteen years later she's still around hahaha.

Overall I feel like these past years have been years of growing pains, literally. And today I am glad to have gone through them. I owe these pains all that I am at this moment in time and now more than ever I am certain that things happen for a reason and they happen when they do purposely. Everything that we go through in life is only meant to prepare us for the future that we are meant to have and most importantly we are who we believe we are. Being positive minded will attract positive things in our lives as well as being negative will attract the negative.

I am really excited for this year, 2016. This is the last year in my 20s. So much have happened, so many things have been learned, and so many mistakes have been made but I couldn't be any more happy with the way my life has turned out thus far. I have yet to have it all figure out and who know if I ever will but I am ok wit that because God never said that it would be an easy journey, simply that it will be worth it and that is enough for me to know that I am right where I need to be in life.



Welcome 29, lets make this year count.

Post a Comment