5-8/52

March 5, 2016

2016-03-04_0005

I'm very disappointed in myself for not keeping up with my weekly posts in the month of February. There were so many interesting things that happened and well, I want to remember them. So I'm going to do a monthly recap to catch up and pray that I keep up with the weekly ones this month.




2016-03-04_0010



We started the month with a drive over to the school of nursing for a critical thinking test they require before moving on to the interview phase. I was super nervous, I don't even think I was that nervous on my wedding day hahaha. I guess I was worried that I wouldn't pass and that my future career in nursing would be over. I know that's a bit extreme but after so many disappointments on this journey I was feeling the pressure. Nevertheless I passed and was able to move on to the interview process which was 13 days later. I wasn't as nervous for the interview because I was feeling God's grace and mercy over me. Somehow I just knew that this was my time to shine. I wanted this so bad that believe I managed to use the law of attraction to bring it to me. It was like it was already decided I would start in May and I needed nothing more than complete the process. I know I sound a tad bit crazy but if you only knew. You can read about my acceptance into the program here.  

Ask. Believe. Recieve It. 

Monday's, oh Monday's how I love thee. Every Monday consisted of getting together with Rose for gym time, bonding, and shopping. Then later in the evening I'd go to school. I'm currently taking College Algebra. This was part of my back up plan to apply to the Sonographer program but now that I'm not applying I don't really need it unless I plan on furthering my education. I've contemplated several times dropping out but since I like the professor's teaching style and I keep thinking why not just get it out of the way since I already paid for it I think I'm going to just compete the class. 

2016-03-04_0011


2016-03-04_0012



Early in the month we drove to NYC for the weekend to see Aventura's the reunion concert (think of an N'Sync Reunion concert). I've never been to a concert before and although I feel it's a complete waste of money it was a cool experience and a nice time with my love and friends. After the concert we rode a taxi to a strip of bars go take advantage of the night. We ended up at a restaurant/lounge bar called MamaSushi. It's pretty nice in there and before getting there we joked that since it was Dominican owned it'd be funny if they incorporated platanos into the sushi and guess what? they did! I couldn't believe it, it was like the Dominican version of a sushi roll. Rice, sweet plantain, and salami. Interesting and hilarious. We made it back to the hotel around 3am and slept like babies.


2016-03-04_0015

We celebrated Litos's birthday by going bowling. He's been fitting in the family well. I think having him around has taught us all a little bit more about life and giving. I honestly do't know if we will continue on with this after Lito leaves but for know we are enjoying the experience.


 
We also joined my little cousin in celebrating his 5th birthday. He and AJ are like bffs. They love each other so much and want to spend every possible minute with each other yet they are constantly fighting when they are together. I'm curious to see how they'll be as the years go by. 

After being accepted into nursing school, dropping down in work hours, and deciding not to move we started a big project at home. We're renovating the kitchen and the bathroom as well as a few other small projects around the house. This is teaching me to practice patience because God only knows how little of it I have. It has been a slow process while we wait for the cabinets to come in but I hope things move along a little faster afterward. For now though I must continue to have patience and take it day by day. 




2016-03-04_0007


Valentine's Day was spent as a day in. With my mom back in the States (did I say that she's finally back from DR? No? Well she's back! About time. Geezzz) and so many people in the home we didn't see it fitting to head out for dinner. I made breakfast and the hubby cooked dinner. We helped each other but for the most part I was in charge of breakfast and he was in charge of the dinner. I tried my hands at some delicious grapefruit mimosas and Nutella pancakes it was a hit! Then for dinner we had a a seafood feast. Everything from cocktail shrimp, stuffed salmon, crab legs, baked salmon, and a spinach with shrimp dip. Yum! I can go for a redo of that meal :)


2016-03-04_0008


February was an AJ month. Kid has me running circle around the hospital. First with his irregular heart rhythm which by the way is of no concern to the pediatric cardiologist at this time. He had to wear a heart monitor for 24 hours and I think he did pretty well with it. Only uncliped the stickers a handful of times in 24 hours. Now recently we noticed that he has a swollen scrotum. Ultrasound revealed fluid around it and he was referred to a pediatric urologist which he saw today and diagnosed him with a hydrocele. She is recommending surgery and right now it is set for 3/22. 

The last weekend in February we met up at David's bridal to pick our bridesmaid dresses for my cousin's destination wedding this August. We're all cousins and they are all crazy expect me :). I have such a good time when we're together. The older I get the more I realize that my Grammy was right, friends are a dime a dozen and the older you get the less friends you have. I can honestly say that out of all the girls I consider to be my "friends" the majority of them are family. 

After the dress fitting we had lunch at Olive Garden and that was another story. My cousins are Hilarious! I love them so much. From there we met back at my home for a jewelry party and some wine drinking. 


2016-03-04_0002


2016-03-04_0004


2016-03-04_0003

The hubby and I had some us time almost every Friday. We either headed over friends for drinks, over cousins for game night and out a late happy hour to celebrate my acceptance int the nursing program.It's nice to get away some sometimes and have it just be us.I hope the rend continues on the rest of the year ;)


2016-03-04_0006


2016-03-04_0009


Disclaimer: Since people like to judge a lot I feel I must clarify that my oldest child detests photos even when I force him to take a picture he lets it be known by his face so I don't force him anymore, hence his lack of appearance in this post. Some days he's all up for pictures then are others where he will absolutely decline even a photo of his back. So no AJ is not my favorite child, he just loves taking pictures just like his momma :)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weekly pictures of the boys 5/52

2016-03-04_0014



Weekly pictures of the boys 6/52

2016-03-04_0013


I sucked bad at taking their weekly photos too this month with only capturing two weeks and with my iPhone at that. This month WILL be better!

Post a Comment