10-13/52

April 30, 2016

I don't know what I was thinking when I decided to document our happenings on a weekly basis. I mean it could be fun but also overwhelming if you happen to fall behind as much as I have. So to catch up on the past two months I'm just going to recap the entire month of March and April like I did for February. I'm thinking that from time to time I'll record a week here and there but for the most part it'll have to be a monthly thing.  


2016-04-30_0012


Thinking back on March it was a busy month. Lot's of work on our kitchen reno and definitely a slow process. From the cabinets taking an extra week to arrive, one cabinet arriving the wrong size, our contractor needing days off, and our granite guy going on vacation for two weeks it was all very frustrating. I seriously thought this project would take just about a month if that but apparently this was the project that didn't want to get finished. The kitchen was gutted out to it's very core. Just imagine electrical cables going through cement walls. It was definitely no easy project. But now that it is all pretty much finished it was worth every minute of it. Everything came together like it should and once again I was reassured that everything happens for a reason and with purpose. 


2016-04-30_0010


I celebrated my 29th birthday this month. I didn't have anything in mind about what I wanted to do, yet for some reason going dancing kept popping in my mind. Personally I believe that after a certain age you shouldn't find yourself at a club shaking all you have. Your late twenties is a time of transitions. Either you recently got married and/or had children so you start a new role in life that requires you to be mature and level headed. Not that you have to stop having fun but that fun should be more responsibly. That being said I just knew, knowing myself, that after next year the club scene was going to be a thing of the past or at least a once a year for a special occasion type deal and I wanted to get it out of my system. I already enjoyed those years and that fun, now I want something better and worthwhile. I want to travel and create memories with my little family. I want to live life purposely. I want to focus on my home and my career, like really focus. I want to get to know myself and do some soul searching. What sucks about this is that "my friends" are not there yet. They still enjoy the club scene and for the most part our priorities are different because we all find ourselves in a different phase in life. I guess that's the thing about life. We grow up and move on leaving behind those who are not quite where we are. Sad but true. I do like however that when we do get together we pick up right where we left off and that my friends is the beauty of friendship.


2016-04-30_0011


Birthdays are always a good excuse for getting together and celebrate with food and alcohol or in my case catch up. I was invited out for breakfast and lunch by two dear friends. We were overdo for catching up on life and it was time well spent. Then a nice dinner with my love at a Thai restaurant was the cherry on top. The food was delicious and the service phenomenal. I look forward to the day we go again.

2016-04-30_0003

2016-04-30_0004



Shopping for the kitchen and new decor around the house was pretty fun too!

2016-04-30_0001


Playing with the snapchat features was a good way to include the kiddos in my photo adventures. 

2016-04-30_0002



A few trips to the park with the little guy was a must to welcome the nice weather and a trip to see the Sleeping Beauty Play was so much fun. It was the perfect ending for AJ's last day with his friends. I'm sure that I was affected more than he was but after a couple of weeks he started to miss them very much.

2016-04-30_0006


We also attended Steven second concert of the year. He has learned so much and I hope that he continues to play the Viola in the years ahead. We are so proud of him. I still remember the days when he wanted to be a singer hahaha.

2016-04-30_0005



AJ had his surgery this month too. They called it a Bilateral Inguinal Hernia/Hydrocele Repair and we were worried for nothing. Quite the experience for sure but the team who performed his surgery was awesome. Our worries were understandable but I wish we had seen the animated procedure in YouTube to keep us at ease. Other than that my little guy is doing just great and hopefully we don't encounter any more issues for as long as possible.

p.s.
that picture below is one of our little AJ way up on cloud nine before being taken back. The video is even funnier, or so we think ;)

2016-04-30_0009


We ended the month with Easter Sunday by attending church followed by an early dinner at MIL's and an egg hunt at my cousin's house. Good times! I always try to make it clear to my children the real meaning of certain holidays such as Christmas and Easter. I wasn't raised with the traditions that Americans have in regards to these even by coming to the States at an early age and it has been hard adjusting and keeping the real meaning of said Holidays the main focus. Kids care too much about the presents and the Easter Bunny and honestly it bothers me. I try my hardest to maintain balance between the traditions so that they grow up with fair understanding and so when they become adults they may decide for themselves what they want to teach their own children. In the meantime I guess we will continue to celebrate both meanings. 


2016-04-30_0008

After the egg hunt we returned to MIL's where we had family game night and dessert. This was so much fun and I love that it is turning into a fun tradition of at least once a month.

I've been slacking using my big girl camera to take weekly pictures of my boys but I hope these ones will count for the month :)

2016-04-30_0013

2016-04-30_0007

Post a Comment