Kindergarten & Seventh Grade

October 31, 2018

2018-10-29_0012

School year 2018-19
Adrian J is in Kindergarten and is 5 years old 
Steven J is in Seventh grade and is 12 years old

2018-10-29_0015

2018-10-29_0014

I cannot believe my oldest is mid way through his junior high years. I mean, where did the time go? It feels like it was just a couple of years ago that I was dropping him off in Kindergarten. Now I'm dropping off my youngest at Kindergarten! What is happening here!?

They both have grown so much this year. My mommy heart is extremely happy yet at the same time sad that there are no more babies in the house. Some days I sit back and just watch you boys. Watch your personalities and how much you have grown. I think back on those days when you were just a few months old and I would cradle you in my arms and rock you to sleep. Those days that you you depended on daddy and I to do everything for you and now you can do pretty much everything for yourselves. 

This past summer I came across several posts that said "we only get eighteen summers"and I started to think on how much truth there was to that. Eighteen summers, that's all we get before they run off and start making their own plans and decisions. *sigh* Lord have mercy on my momma heart as I savor in the summers that remain.


2018-10-29_0013

Post a Comment