I’m a Registered Nurse!

October 11, 2018



Y’all! My journey is finally over. It truly is surreal to me. I still can't believe it to be quite honest. You all know how crazy and wild this journey has been. Many tears shed, many sleepless nights, many precious moments that I missed out on. And now, as I wake up each morning to get ready with my new nursing scrubs and as I'm going through this orientation with a new title on my badge is like wow, I did it. I really did it. God is good! several years ago this day felt like it would never come and here I am now, a week into my nursing career. 

Untitled

My nclex experience was not the greatest. I graduated August 9th and although I had gotten the green light from my school I didn’t get authorization to test from the state till five weeks later. Then I scheduled my nclex for two weeks after that, on October 5th. It was all very confusing and frustrating but nonetheless it was all worth the wait.

Early September I got a 30 days subscription for Uworld. I was working on it slowly the first couple of weeks but then when I scheduled my nclex and reality kicked in I started to really do questions upon questions. I had aimed for 150 questions a day with reviewing the rationales whether I had gotten it right or wrong. But as the test date neared and I started to panic I found myself doing anywhere between 150-300 questions a day. It was tough guys. Very tough. But I broke it down in sections. I would do a set of 75 then take a break then another set of 75 and repeat. My entire day was spent doing questions. I truly do believe that Uworld prepared me well. Whether it was the very detailed rationales or doing so many questions in one day (because I ended up getting all 265 questions you know) all that matters is that I passed and I am now a licensed registered nurse!

I also did lots and lots of praying. I truly do believe in the power of prayer, and so this victory is due to many factors.

Now in regards to taking the actual nclex let me just say that I found this test to be the hardest test ever. Maybe because I have major testing anxiety and because I’m a super slow tester with a short attention span. I felt that I was doing good. But when I had reach question 133 I was starting to doubt myself which led my mind to wonder talking away from my precious timed test, which then brought on even more anxiety and feeling overwhelmed. I ended up taking a five minutes break (or so I thought it was 5 minutes) because I had to shake it off. Then I started to run out of time and I started to rush through reading and answering the questions, worse thing to ever do. I honestly felt that I was going to have to repeat this test again. It was the worse feeling ever. I felt so defeated. Yet somehow, deep down, I felt that I had pass. But I knew that this would only possible through God’s grace because WOW! That test felt like the hardest thing to ever exist hahaha. 

Nonetheless, here I am starting my career as a nurse. So for anyone that ever comes across this post I encourage you to read my journey through nursing school. It was not easy, it was not fun, it took a lot of perseverance but I never gave up. It didn't even crossed my mind, it was never an option. Never. I am so glad I pulled through, I am so glad to be living this reality, my reality. 



Untitled

Post a Comment