What a difference a year makes vol. III

October 7, 2019


Last year on the first Monday of October I started my job as a registered nurse. I had sat for my nclex the Friday before and on Sunday I paid $8 for the “unofficial” results. If someone would have told me all that was about to happen in the year to follow I wouldn’t have believed it. 

I had an extremely easy transition from working as a nurse’s aid to working as a nurse. In November we found out we were pregnant. In December we traveled to California to welcome the new year with family. A few months of planning a dream trip and by April we were headed to Paris and Barcelona. After many months of being pregnant and not knowing the gender we gave birth to a healthy and adorable baby boy in July. In September we bought a beautiful and spacious home that met about 90% of our must haves. And by the first Monday of October of the following year, after taking nclex, we had moved into our new home and I returned to work after 12 blissful weeks of maternity leave. To say that I feel beyond blessed is an understatement. 

It amazes me how much can happen in just one year. I know that it won’t always be like that. That just like there is a time for blessings there’s also a time for lessons. And trust and believe that I have had my fair share of lessons so it feels so good to finally see those lessons get rewarded. I had dreamed of this year so much and now that it’s finally here I can’t help but to feel grateful to my Heavenly Father for not forsaking me. Many times I thought these blessings would never come yet here they are. 

Oh God, thank you so much for showing me favor and grace. I want to cherish this season of life for as long as it lasts. After all, 

“That is why I tell you not to worry about everyday life—whether you have enough food and drink, or enough clothes to wear. Isn’t life more than food, and your body more than clothing? Look at the birds. They don’t plant or harvest or store food in barns, for your heavenly Father feeds them. And aren’t you far more valuable to him than they are? Can all your worries add a single moment to your life?”

‭‭Matthew‬ ‭6:25-27‬ ‭NLT‬‬

My heart haven’t been any more joyful than in this season of life. 

🙏🏽

Post a Comment