Life Lately

April 20, 2020

Untitled

Who would have imagined what 2020 had in store of the entire world. Not just you, me, a few people in Europe and the Caribbean, but the entire world. Some days I still can't completely grasp everything that is happening. From not seen my mother in over a month to not leaving my house for several weeks now. It's heartbreaking y'all. Is this the new norm? How much longer will this last? Social distancing is no joke. There's so many things that I miss doing. Granted, I am a homebody. I would chose a night in any day over going out but even I have had enough of this virus. I guess it's a different story when you suddenly  lose control of deciding if to stay in or go out and are rather mandated to stay home. 

You're probably wondering what I mean when I say I haven't left my house? Am I not a nurse? An essential worker? Well my friends, I am currently a stay at home mom who is homeschooling her children. Ha! 2020 has definitively been full of surprises. But that's a story for another post. 

So. Life lately amidst being quarantined. 

We have been in our new home for six months now and guys, we are loving it. There were some "damn it!" moments for sure over the time frame but we are slowly turning this house into our home and updating it to make it feel warm, welcoming, and a little more us. I will be sharing some pictures real soon. 

Our thirteen years old teenager is 5'10 and is so smart and talented. A teenager nonetheless, but he is growing into an incredible young man and I am very proud of him. Our middle boy, the one with the long curly hair, is seven, is missing some teeth, and has the most outspoken personality. Yet he is so loving, caring, and funny. And did I mention that he no longer has long curly hair? That's right. It's been all gone since last summer. I'll definitively be blogging about that since it hit me the hardest. And our littlest and third boy recently turned nine months old. Nine Months! Can you believe that? Time is a thieve y'all. But I am so in love with him. Maybe that's an understatement, is more like an obsession. Wait till I show you a picture, then you'll understand.  

Untitled

Hubby and I celebrated 8 years of marriage last June. What a journey. I'm not going to lie, somedays I just want to put him outside with all 150 pairs of shoes but I couldn't imagine a life without him and his beautiful smile. The shoes though, that's a different story. 

And me? well I'm another year older and ten pounds heavier. I still haven't figured out if it's part of the baby weight or just effects of being in quarantine. I guess we will find out eventually. I would like to say that I'm little wiser these days but I might be biased. 

Other than that we've been pretty chill at home. Enjoying our blessings under the circumstances. Adjusting to the new way of living and praying that it will soon be over or at least hoping that soon enough we can start doing the things we once enjoyed and kept us sane. Until then it will be lots of family bonding time and missing the rest of our families and friends. 
Untitled

Post a Comment