What a difference a year makes vol. IV

February 25, 2021

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_18ad


I love writing these kind of posts. Some days I go back to read about a certain phase in my life and I amaze myself in the way I was able to express those moments and experiences. I can definitely see the growth within me over the years. I can see how blessed I have been even through the worse of the storms. And this year has been no different. 


2019 was such an amazing year. Life was the best ever and I didn’t think life could get any better. I felt accomplished in some many areas. Simply put, I felt so blessed. 


Then 2020 came. Many unfortunate events happened over the year. Month after month it was one thing after the other. But nothing was worse than my career being put on hold. Right as we entered a pandemic y’all! Not to mention, it was the career I had struggled so much to obtain. The career I desperately wanted and felt I deserved. The career I worked so hard on to achieve 😔. 


I don’t know if I’ll ever be ready to talk about the reasons behind such drastic change. But know that it was so hard to come to term with. Nonetheless the year passed. I stayed home with my boys. I was still being blessed even with not having what I thought I desperately wanted. We had health. Our finances were unbothered. We had some great moments with our family and some friends. We completed some home renovations. We were able to take several trips towards the end of the year. Hubby work picked up so well. I have no doubt God’s hands were at work between all of this. I don’t know why things happened the way they did. But I do know that God wants me, us, to trust him. To let him act and do things his way. He wants us to have faith that He will work all things for good according to His will. 


I know it wasn’t like this for everyone. Some people suffered with health. Some with finances. Some with relationships. And some loss their life. But those people are in my prayers. And I pray God bless them in many ways and gives them peace and rest. 


I don’t know what tomorrow holds. I can’t say that I will always be this blessed. But I vow to live a joyful intentional life and to always have faith that His plans are better than mine. 

Post a Comment