35 in Dubai + Egypt

November 10, 2022

Dubai

The 30s have been so amazing when it comes to our travel adventures. 

We have been struck with the travel bug and I have tried so much to make our birthdays special by traveling to a new location when and if possible. This year we were lucky enough to plan a trip to Dubai and Egypt!!! 

Egypt has always been a must visit destination for me. Ever since our visit to Chichen Itza in Mexico, I have a goal of visiting as many World Wonders as possible and the Pyramids of Giza was no exception. Originally my plans were to travel to Peru and visit Machu Picchu but when those plans fell apart I was torn on choosing a new location. Eventually I decided on Egypt and thankfully hubby was all in for it. It was set. A trip to Egypt for my birthday it was. 

While I worked on our itinerary my cousin was living her best life on her very on birthday trip to Dubai and Maldives. I always considered Dubai to be a cool location but had imagined it to be out of our budget for some reason. However after seeing an itinerary on Egypt paired with Dubai it all changed. They were not far from each other and price wise it was affordable enough to be paired together being that Egypt is pretty inexpensive. 

Let me clarify. Dubai can in fact be expensive. But it can be as expensive or inexpensive as you want it to be. I like to travel for the cultural experience, historical landmarks, and of course to try new foods. I would consider myself to be a budget traveler. Take me to where the locals are!

Of course that there are some attractions that you cannot shy away from to gain the full experience and unfortunately that comes with a hefty price tag. And if you add tours and excursions well yeah… ($$$$). Some things are just out of your control and you want to maximize your experience in a new country right!? I’m rambling here but bottom line is that any trip, no matter the location, can be as expensive or as inexpensive as you make it and that’s no exception for Dubai. It all depends on what you are looking to get out of the trip, what your priorities are, and what you are willing to give up. I’ll talk more about Dubai in its own post. 

For now let's end this post by saying that in October of 2021 I had officially (and finally) decided that those would my location of choice. After mentioning it to some friends they decided to join us so we purchased flights and started planning. 

Boy were we in for a treat! 😆

  Egypt

Post a Comment