What a difference a year makes vol. V

November 9, 2022

Untitled



Y’all. I cannot believe it has been a full year since my last entry 😲. 


So much has happened since. Both good and bad. But mostly good. I have loved all that this decade has brought. A few weeks ago I was listening to a podcast were the host talked about the seasons of sowing and reaping. She asked to think about the season we were on. And she proceeded in saying that at times we may wonder why our lives may feel “too blessed”  and we may question and/or even doubt why life is good for us when it may simply be that we are in as season of reaping. 


I thought deep about this because I was feeling just like that. Like the ball may drop at any moment. Like it was all too good to be true. I’ve actually felt like that for a while now. Is like what have I done to deserve all this goodness and grace? All these blessings? But after listening to her podcast I gave in to my  suspicions. There was a time in my life where things were hard. A season of endless frustration. Things were nothing compared to what it is today. I felt like giving up and dare I say even hopeless. Yet I held on to the tiniest bit of hope that I had. I planted my seed. I prayed for rain. And I waited.  


Fast forward to today. I am reaping the fruits of that seeds. Gosh. Who would have thought. I won’t lie to y’all. Even today I still feel challenged and some days hopeless in certain situations. But it has been nothing like in years past. Nothing like the way I felt in my late 20s. However, I have changed and learned a lot the last 10+ years and I am learning to apply those principles to my every day life. In both, the good and the bad. I pray that when my time for sowing comes again I am patient enough to endure whatever it may bring with grace and perseverance. 


So what has happened in the past year?


I managed to lose 40+ lbs and keep it off. 

I started working again, as a home care nurse. 

We traveled to Dubai, Egypt, and Italy!!! Dreams do come true!!!! 

We also traveled to Bahamas and took a couple of weekend trip to Las Vegas and Miami. 

Our oldest started his junior year of H.S and is playing baseball for the #1 team in PA. 

We got a dog 🙄 (2 years ago and I have finally accepted that he’s here to stay). 

Hubby started his own company. 

Our boys are in baseball, flag football, soccer, and swimming which has made for a very busy fall this year. 

Lastly, and equally as important, my latest focus has been prioritizing my mental health. 


I've learned that blogging is part of my creative life. Is my happy hobby. Reminiscing on what brings me joy and putting it in words the best that I can makes me genuinely happy. So I plan to take the time out for it. I know I have said that before but I mean it this time 😆. Once a week I will write about things happening in my married life, the good, the bad, and the ugly from my home, family, and travels.


So tune in every Thursday for a new post!




Family
Can y'all believe how big my boys have gotten!

Post a Comment