Laugh of the day

March 6, 2012

Conversation between my son and I at dinner time.

We are eating baked wings with tostones (fried plantains). He finishes first. I have 2 tostones left. Now there's one. I dip the last one in the mayo-ketchup sauce and I'm about to bite it.

My son: are you really going to eat that.

Me: yes.

My son: I thought you were going to give it to me.

Me: Nooo. Why would I do that?

My son: because I don't have anymore.

Me: Ok?! So?

He walks around the table and stands next to me.

My son: I know you want to give it to me. I can see it in your eyes.

Me: LOL. No I don't want to give it to you.

My son: yes you do. I'm a vampire I can see it in your eyes.

At this point I am cracking up and I cannot believe this kid has done it again. He always gets me. Whenever we eat together and he finishes first I cannot eat the last bite. I always give it to him. Don't ask me why because I don't know. I just do. But recently he has been saying "I know you want to give it to me. I can see it in your eyes". And it literally makes me LOL. Where the heck does this kid get these things from!?!?

I play around with him a bit pretending to eat it and I love watching his eyes staring at me with so much confident that no matter how long we argue about it he is Sure that I will give him the last bite. Grrr! I love that kid so much!!! lol.

That's the highlight of my day! :) I love being a mom!

On another note. This past weekend we went away for a couples weekend getaway (post coming soon) and my PinkPad app told me that "my flowers were blooming" meaning I was ovulating. I am secretly hoping this was our month and that by my 25th birthday I get the news of an addition to the family. I don't want to get too excited about it just in case but I'm being optimistic about it. Cross your fingers for me. :)

Happy Tuesday!!!

xoxo
Pamela.

Post a Comment