Date night gone bad

April 6, 2013

What a night.
Untitled

Is a proven fact that once kids enter a marriage if you don't take out time for you and your spouse things can start going downhill without you even realizing it. In our case daddy is always working and mommy is taking care of the home, the kids, her school work, and has recently returned to work. Needless to say that I need to pay close attention to my marriage because if not before I know it we'll be living like roommates.

Untitled 

 I honestly cannot remember the last time the hubby and I had a date night. And being that I want to keep the sparks in this marriage alive I told him we should have date nights at least twice a month. Just us. No talks about the kids, work, school, or anything that does not pertain to our relationship. Tonight was suppose to be our first date night in who knows how long. I had a sexy outfit picked out. Bought a new lipstick. And had my sister over to help curl my hair. We planned to go out for sushi and enjoy some us time.

Well destiny had a different plan for us.

Untitled

Our little peanut had rough nights the past three nights and caught a cough. Today he started with a fever and was very whiney . I started having doubts about going out for date night and by 6p it was a given fact that date night was no more. At 9p AJ had a fever of 100.8 and I got worried as I called the doctor kid started vomiting like no body's business. A few Q&As later and we were on our way to the children's ER to find out my poor baby had a left ear infection. Oh boy, poor hubby was all I thought. I work the next three nights so he's going to have to take care of AJ at night and during the day while I sleep.

Sick and all my sweet baby was all giggles from the moment we walked through the ER doors. It made me feel a little better knowing that he was at least acting like himself from time to time. The worse part about being a parent the feeling of not being able to prevent your child from getting sick.

Untitled

This was very bad timing x2. But at last, this is parenthood and the rewards are far more and better. For now we'll just worry about making sure our peanut gets better soon. After all we have a lifetime to do date nights :) 

 Untitled 

   photo sig.jpg

Post a Comment