Adrian 3 Months

April 3, 2013

Untitled

Untitled



Adrián,

It seem like it was just last week when you were living inside my body. Being comforted by the sound of my heart beating. Getting nourished by what I ate. Being formed to the precious little boy that you are today. And today here you are, growing and learning more and more each day.

This month you've had lots of firsts and many smiles. Right around nine weeks you started to belly laugh, it is the cutest little thing. You started doing it while sleeping and I couldn't help but wonder what you must have been dreaming about. Is obviously something good and funny :) Now you do it when we talk to you.

Adrián

You've also started to coo and even tried to roll over. When I put you on your belly for belly time, which by the way you find so amusing, you spin yourself around the bed and eventually end up on your back. The doctor says that being that you are tiny in weight ( you were 10lbs 8oz on your 2 months check up) you're able to handle your weight more and will probably do things a little earlier. But don't let the word "tiny" fool you. You are right were you need to be.

Adrián

It seems that this month you found your voice because all you do is talk talk talk. Baby cooing I mean of course. You swear you understand what we are telling you. One of my favorite things to watch is when you have conversations with people. Seriously, you do. Or at least you think you are. It's so funny. They talk and you coo back like if you're responding to what they're saying and it continues back and forth. I read this is a great way to develop and improve speech and communication skills. If that's true I have a feeling your going to be very talkative, another point for daddy.

Adrián

When it comes to nursing you're a champ! You can eat all day everyday if it was up to you. Anytime I hold you you think is feeding time and you just start routing. You dislike the bottle very much and no matter what we do you will not take it. At least not from daddy or me. You do take it for both grandmas, eventually. You require a lot of patience my boy but I don't mind, you have taught me a lot this second time around :). I ordered some breast flow bottles from Amazon and I hope they do the trick because if not we're going to have a hard time getting friends and family to babysit for us.

Untitled

Untitled
(a little sick here)

Sleeping has been going very good still. We haven't swaddle you in months. You just hate to be all wrapped up and immobile. You like sleeping your own way whether is with your hands freely over your head or nice and warm under your chin. By 8pm you start getting a bit fuzzy because you know that it's bed time. We've started somewhat of a routine by taking you a bath first, giving you a little massage, sometimes we read you books, and then nursing. You usually fall asleep while you nurse so we don't really put you to bed while you're still awake. I don't know if that's a good thing or not. We need to start working on self soothing. We both need you to develop that skill for our own sake. You dislike the pacifier and want nothing to do with it. You do however like the taste of your fist. You put that thing in your mouth like no joke. I guess that's a starting point right?

Adrián

Adrián
You love when I sing to you, although I know I'm not the greatest singer. I guess it gives you comfort just hearing my voice and knowing that you're safe. Because you are safe with me, as safe as you can be that is. You enjoy time in your swing and being rocked. But I think your absolute favorite is being held, Oh how you love being held facing front and looking at your surroundings.

Another milestone include your motor skills. You reach for things now and when you get a hold of it you hold on to it for dear life. It helps that you can see more clearly now and you're developing very good eye-hand coordination. I love your reaction when we get close to your face is like the sun shinning in the early morning, full of life and happy. You have definitely started to recognize who your loved ones are.

Adrián

We celebrated your first Easter by going to church then spending time with both grandmas. We had an egg hunt planned for big brother but the weather didn't allow it so we just relaxed and watched movies. Big brother got a nice basket with some candy, toys, and a couple of books and you got 4 new books and socks. I'm sure next year Easter will be more fun since you'll be at least walking.


Adrián

Untitled
Untitled


I'm looking forward to summer clothes shopping for you. Hello warm weather and summer fun :)

 photo sig.jpg

Post a Comment