Catching Up.

October 14, 2011

Well hello there. How is everyone doing this beautiful morning?

I've been busy lately adjusting to my new life as a wife, new overnight job, a son in kindergarten, 2 challenging college courses, out of control sleeping pattern (+ weight gain), and staying sane. But believe it or not I'm handling all of this pretty darn good. Matter of fact I think I kind of like it and will eventually even love it once I get set on a sleeping schedule and work on a exercise and eating routine.

You see, since my body is very confused on what's happening in the outer world with my sleep and eating patterns I get hungry all the time. And if I don't don't eat I feel like I'm starving. So what else is there to do but eat. Then I get upset because I knew I shouldn't had eaten that and to make up for it I get on the treadmill for 30 mins, work out a sweat for 3 days in a row, and come the 4th day I'm beat so I end up taking a break which turns into 3-5 days off then the cycle begins again.

On the other hand with my sleeping patterns, I work 4 days a week including a weekend and a half a month. Two 12 hours shift and two 8 hours shift. Which isn't bad at all because my schedule is the same every month. I usually work 3 days in a row, 2 days off, 1 day work, 3 days off, and so on and so forth. Problem is the days I go to class which is 3 days a week and work the same night. That's when my body gets frustrated with me, gives up on me, and shuts down the following day I have off where I end up sleeping 19+ hours without a twitch. Yes you read right, 19+ hours in a 24 hour day of nonstop REM Mode in my comfy bed. Luckily I don't have to pick up my son at school since I made an arrangement with a friend that has a daughter in the same grade.

Besides that and 7lbs later I actually think that night shift is the best thing that has happened to me this year aside from the wedding of course :). I'm doing great in school because I have so much time to study at night. I'm spending more time at home, sorta. I get to see my son more often and help my him with homework after school. Which by the way let me just say how proud I am of his improvement in writing and his increased vocabulary in the past 6 weeks. He is loving school and is starting to spell and read words :)

Then you have the hubs and I. After a rough and ugly confrontation back in August we've gotten so much closer and are so much happier. We've also made some big decisions and some plans for the coming year. Let's just keep our fingers crossed so that everything works out as we would like them to.

The only thing I'm not doing much of is cooking. Not even baking and I'm a big baker, especially around this time of year. I just love baking! Thank God for my mother in law that has been cooking for us for a couple of months now without complain and for my mom that has been saving us food as well. I'm too tired to cook every day :( and it makes me sad because cooking is a big part of me. I've been cooking big meals since age 11 and for the past 4 years or so I've barely cooked. Hopefully that will change soon.

For the next couple of weeks I'll be working on a eating and sleeping pattern and on an exercise plan. I'll be making some time for the kitchen too :)

Wish me luck!

Post a Comment