Happy Thanksgiving!

November 22, 2012



Today I am thankful for being able to host my very first Thanksgiving in our new home and to be able to see both of my family together in the same house. That brought a lot of joy to me.

There are many things that are not the way I want them to be but one thing I can say is that I am thankful for being alive and healthy, surrounded by amazing friends and family. I am thankful for my ability as a woman to carry and birth another human. There's so much I am thankful for and so many things we often take for granted. Like being able to walk or even blink. Yes weird I know but working at the hospital I've come to see many things a little child can't do, something as simple as blinking yet she has a beating heart and working brain. Why do things like this happen to innocent people? I say it's because in one way or another we as human sinners need to be reminded of the miracle of life and the things we need to appreciate and thank god for.

So, among many of the amazing things happening in my life I am simply thankful for being alive and having a functional body.

I hope you all enjoyed a wonderful day with loved ones.

xoxo



Post a Comment