Adrian 8 Months

September 17, 2013

Adrian

Little man, little man what a month this one has been. For starters let me just say that I appreciate all the love you have for me. Seeing your face light up after seeing me makes my heart jump with happiness. I'm sure you love to see daddy and big brother too but this bond, this bond that we've created just between the two of us is priceless. I'm sure you love me as much as you show you do as  I'm sure you're also going through some separation anxiety and trust me I love the attention but not being able to clean the house because all you want to do is snuggle with me is no fun. At times you even refuse to go with daddy when I try to hand you over to him. And if I do only for a minute you would spend the full sixty seconds screaming your head off wanting me to come back. I truly hope this is temporary and that you get over it soon because doing chores single handed is quite the challenge.
Adrian Adrian

This month you've been more daring. You are not fully crawling yet but you lounge yourself forward from a sitting position without fear and landing in the traditional crawling position most times while others you land on your belly. When that happens you use your little feet to push up your bottom and move your chest forward just like a caterpillar. Is the cutest thing ever! You've also been pulling yourself up using anything you can possibly get a hold on. Thank god I finally decided to put your crib mattress to the lowest level since you have figured out that the bars are sturdy enough to pull yourself up. That's has been fun because we can play hide and seek. I'm the one usually hiding of course and you get to find me.
Adrian Adrian

It looks like you want to be Mr. Independent already. At meal time you get upset if we don't give you the spoon so that you can feed yourself. You can guide it to your mouth surprisingly good too. Still, at the end I'm left with the biggest of mess to clean up with food coming out of every opening on your face and every crease from your semi chubby body. Lets not get started on the highchair and floor. Mess Galore. Lucky for me big brother King is a champ at helping out with cleaning the floor ;)
Adrian Adrian

Breast feeding has been going very well. You feed about 5-6 times a day. I've calculated for it to be 20-30 ounces a day. That's on top of cereal for breakfast, a veggie for lunch, and then whatever we're eating for dinner. I thought I was over feeding you but I've been reassured multiple types that this current schedule is just fine. 

Cloth diapering has been going pretty well. I can't believe we've been doing it for over six months now. That's a nice savings in diapers. Have I mentioned how adorable you still look in them? Oh yes dear baby. You're just too cute! As your brother would say.
Adrian Adrian

You have started to clap your hands together much more frequent now. Not on command of course but we sing many songs and I'm sure you're just mimicking what I do. It's actually pretty cool to see that you are developing memories skills. Is that what it is? You wave your hands a lot too.
Adrian

As most babies at this stage everything you touch goes straight to your mouth. Food, toys, blankets, clothes, you name it. Except for one thing. Your big brother's power ranger toys. You just love watching him play pretend with them. It looks like if you're getting the concept too because when he shares his toys with you when you're upset you calm down fairly quick and then you begin to play with them as he does. I was left speechless when I noticed it the first time. I love all the connections you are making and how much you've developed and have grown in 30 short days. Although I do catch you trying to put them in your mouth at times.
Adrian
Adrian

With just 4 months left till the BIG First Birthday I've started to gather ideas. I look forward to celebrating your first year in our lives. It has been short of amazing. For me and all of our family.

In less then 2 weeks you'll me making your first outing out of the states. We're vacationing in Puerto Rico for a little less then two weeks. That's sure to be a great time! We're all so excited and I'm so nervous as well. I hope you do well out there. 

God bless you my sweet Adrian. You are a prayer come a reality. We love you! 

Mommy. 


 photo sig.jpg

Post a Comment