Miami... I ain't about that life

July 21, 2016

Plain and simple, I can't hang.

I'm not the kind of girl that drinks all day and dresses up at night to continue drinking at a club and make it home at 7am. Even if I don't have my kids around. 

I've always wondered how my friends do it? How do they go out and drink their asses off to come home the next morning and not feel hangover, well most times anyways. If I go out drinking all night I would need at least 48 hours if not longer to recuperate. #truestory  I always felt left out, like if I was missing out on something fun but after this Miami trip, which is something I've always wanted to do meaning a girls trip, I've only came to the conclusion that I'm not about that life. I can't be out all night. I rather be in bed by 11pm after kissing my kids goodnight and calling it a day rather than just start off the night. 

I mean, there's no judgement on those that are about that life and those that can hang, more kuddos to you. 

It's funny. I've never been about the partying life. I did it in high school and it was more to hang out with my friends than anything but if I remember correctly by 11pm I wanted nothing more than to be home. So why have I been trying to be someone else all these years? Why do I try to force myself to like the things that I don't truly enjoy? Why can't I just be happy with the person that I am? And be content with the things that I do like and enjoy, with the things that make me who I am. I really need to stop worrying about what others think and how others feel about me because the only person who that should matter to is me. 

I really hope that I don't forget this. And I have a feeling that I never will after Miami. I do enjoy to dance and have an alcoholic beverage with close family and friends but if there's one thing I need to be clear about is that I am not a party girl, never was, and never will be. I'll let my sister hold the throne for that while I just sit home and sip on wine, read books, and bake ;) 

Thank You Miami, for opening my eyes to what I really like and want. 

Post a Comment