Powder Room Reveal

January 21, 2021

Here you have it, friends. Our modern farmhouse-ish powder room. Since there’s no window here I intended to keep it light with paint and decor. I craved adding a wallpaper wall behind the sink but Jamil never worked with wallpaper so he couldn’t do it for us. I was going to attempt doing it myself and of course, my wallpaper took longer than expected to get in and he needed to finish the bathroom because he was booked for other jobs. We didn’t install it after he was done because the room is very tiny, and the vanity and toilet are in my way, so it’ll be that much more challenging to get it done now. But to be honest, I’m just intimidated by the wallpaper hence why I haven’t done it myself yet. Maybe I’ll build up some courage this year and do it but for now, the walls are pretty plain. We shall see.
  Powder roomPowder roomPowder room

As I looked for inspiration for this room, I fell in love with cement countertops. I wanted to try it for this room before we do it for a bigger project. Again, Jamil had never done that either, but he gave it a try. The way he did it was a bit different from the way I had researched it and the final look didn’t come out as I expected. I think it should have been left drying a few more days or the vibration part of the process could have been more but to be honest, the way it turns out goes with the “look” I was going for. A mix of a modern farmhouse, rustic, and industrial. I didn’t get a chance to take pics before he added the sink but here’s a closer look. 

Powder room


Vanity, sink, and toilet is from Home Depot. The faucet I found on amazon and I am completely in love with it. I couldn’t have found a better one. The vanity light, towel holder, and toilet paper holder are also from amazon. The mirror is from Hobby Lobby. The shelves are from Michaels. 


We ended up spending a lot more than we anticipated for the complete project, but the final result was worth it and we have peace of mind knowing that the beams are good now. I also must add that we probably saved some money by going with Jamil rather than hiring a big company for all the extra fees. Thank goodness for the Jamil’s everywhere 😁. 


Powder room Powder room

Over the summer, this little guy was being super fuzzy because he needed a nap but the heat and probably the humidity were making him feel uncomfortable. His bathroom was occupied and the so was the kitchen sink, and the other bathrooms have stand up showers. So we headed over to the powder room and he went to town! He loved it, I got to snap some pretty cool and memorable pictures, and then he went down for a long nap. We all won!

Post a Comment