The Hunger Games: The Movie

April 25, 2012

******WARNING: Spoilers Below******

I finally found the time, and energy, to go watch the movie this past weekend. Obviously movies do no justice to the books and I wasn't sure what to expect for this one after the reviews. What I can say is that I was a bit disappointed. Here are my reasons.

*There was hardly any noise during the movie. Meaning not much talking. I know the books are base more the character's thoughts but seriously this was taken overboard in the movies with all that silence.

*Lots of parts that were in the book were not in the movie. Example, in the beginning when Katniss is struggling to find water. Or when she hurries Rue. Also the overdrafts were non existence. They weren't around for any of the tributes death.

*The games seemed very easy in the movie compared to the book.

*Peeta and Katniss's relationship seemed weak. I did not feel the same way as I did reading the book as I did with movie. The chemistry was missing and I couldn't tell much about how Peeta felt. Whether he was truly in love or using Katniss to win.

*I also don't remember in the book about district eleven rebelling for Rue's death. Though I was told that was in the second book. I wished they would if shown the gift they sent Katniss instead.

*Lastly the dog-like creatures that were in the end were not as scary as they seemed in the book. They honestly just looked like Pitbulls dogs to me.

Things that I did like were.

*The several scenes they showed of Gale. In the book I wondered how he must of felt watching the relationship between Katniss and Peeta and I was able to tell he wasn't to happy with it.

*I liked how they showed the "game room" with everyone working and all the cameras, etc etc.

*I loved loved loved the welcome outfits they were wearing in the Capitol. It was everything I expected and more :) I was really looking forward to this part.

*And obviously the characters. I think they all did a great job in the movie. I can't wait to see the second part. ;)

I'm sure there were more things I like and dislike but as of right now nothing else comes to mind. Although I was a bit disappointed I did like the movie and will be buying it when it comes out on DVD.


aren't they just handsome :)

xoxo
Pamela

Post a Comment