Morir Soñando

April 26, 2012

One of my favorite drinks and a very popular one in the Dominican Republic. It's translation means "to die dreaming" and boy does that name fit well.

I remember my mom making this drink in my childhood. Then I learned and we drank it so much we got sick of it. Well not really but we did in fact had to take a break from it :)

It's very easy to make, hence why I started food/drink blogging with it. As stated on my 101 in 1001 list I should be cooking at least 3x a week. So I decided to food blog 3 meals a week as well as 1 drink or dessert to get started in checking that off my list.
Here's how to make this drink.

Ingredients:
*1 12 fl oz frozen concentrated orange juice (you can use fresh oranges as well)
* 2 12 fl oz can of evaporated milk
*1/2 cup of sugar
*2 1/2 cups of ice cubes
*1 tsp of vanilla

Preparation:
1. Mix the sugar and milk and stir until all the sugar has dissolved. (I put this mix in the freezer to get cold while I wait for the orange juice to thaw)

2. Add the ice to the milk and stir.

3. Add the vanilla extract while stirring.

4. Slowly pour the orange juice to the milk mixture while stirring (according to my mom this part is very important. Do Not stop stirring)

5. Serve immediately and enjoy.

If you try it I'd love to hear your thoughts on it. :)

xoxo
Pamela

Post a Comment