52 WOBWAP: If I could turn back time

August 21, 2013

image

If I could turn back time I'd probably make the same mistakes again because making them has brought me to where I am today. What I would do however is learn from them. Use them as guidance to make wiser decisions. 

I would treasure the few moments I had with my father. I'd make sure he knew how much I loved him. I wouldn't take his letters and words for granted. I would take as many pictures as possible to have pieces of him to remember him by and show my children. 

I would have listened to my mother more often. Because you know, mother is always right. 

I would focus more in my studies and would have tried my best to put my education before anything else. Even in college I wouldn't take my elective for granted because "I didn't really need them in my field". I would procrastinate less. 

I would focus less on boys. Spend my times with my friends, growing, learning, making memories, forming long term friendships because where are those boys now? I couldn't tell you. 

I would educate myself in saving for the future or a rainy day. I've been working since I was 15 years old. I had no bills back then and my pay checks were pretty awesome. Making saving a habit would have saved a lot of hardship a few years ago and even now. 

I would have taken the opportunity given to me to run a private doctors office at age 21. It would have given me great experience and plenty more opportunities career wise. 

Bottom line is that I wouldn't have taken anything for granted and would have made the best out of every situation. 


 photo sig.jpg

3 comments

  1. I can definitely relate to a lot of this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad I can't go back and change things because who knows who I would be today without the good and bad from my past.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. Our past experiences are what makes us who we are today :)

    ReplyDelete