Reality Check: Speaking Like A Christian

August 16, 2015

"Now I’ve learned, the hard way, that some poems don’t rhyme, and some stories don’t have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what’s going to happen next. Delicious Ambiguity.”


― Gilda Radner


The other day at work I found myself (brace yourself) bored. Yes, bored. A positioned that you rarely find yourself in in my place of work. I also found myself stressed and anxious leaving me feeling short of breath. As I tried to figured out what was going on with me and how I could avoid feeling that way I came accross this post

Being a Christian is challenging for many reasons but just as it is challenging it's also rewarding and as I get older I try not to allow myself to get depressed, anxious, or overwhelmed over certain situations in life that most often than not are out of my control, although that is not always the case. I always try to see the beauty in all situations even if I don't really understand them, however sometimes I fail because I begin to focus too much on that certain situation. What's my point and how is that post relevant to this post? Well something clicked that day. Something that I always hear, something that I'm always told, something that I believe is that  "Things are not happening the way I want them to or when I want them to not because God has forgotten about me or is taking a break from blessing me, but rather because he is preparing me for something bigger".Did you hear that Pamela, God is preparing you for the future he has in storage for you!

That post made me realize that many people, especially the ones in the bible, have been through situations that although "difficult" it only help prepare them for the future they were given.

"The pain you are experiencing now might be your life’s purpose later. "

Whether or not my purpose in life is as wonderful as others, it is after all my purpose. A purpose that even if it doesn't benefit me in my life time will benefit the one that it is meant to learn from it.

Is extremely hard not to get discouraged and even more frustrating to not understand why things happen the way they do. It's also hard not knowing when your fate will change, if it ever does. As a Christian I have to believe that someday it will change but if it doesn't it's ok, I just have to embrace it and find the joy within it.

God is the only only that can make the impossible happen, in him I have faith. Even when my faith feels weakened I know he can restore anything I may be dealing with. If he did so with my marriage why should I believe otherwise?

XOXO,
Pamela


Post a Comment