Healthy Living

January 5, 2012

Every year or rather every month I decide that I want to get into a exercise routine. I start it off good with running in the treadmill or my favorite video of Jillian Michaels. Come day 4 I take a break which usually lasts weeks. I can't help it. I hate exercising! Well not so much that I hate it more like I dislike waking up early to do it or doing it after I get out of a 12hr work day. Some might call it lazy but I call it unmotivated.

I'm happy with my weight and body shape that's not an issue. My thing is that I want to start living a healthier lifestyle by eating healthier and exercising regularly. Having a more defined body is another plus ;). A couple of hours a week of some form of exercise is very important for your long term health.

I hear it takes about 21 days to form a habit. So if I can just make it 21 days of exercising I'm sure I'll keep at it and after seeing the changes, slowly but surely occurring, I'm positive that my motivation will increase. Don't you think?

Yesterday, on Pinterest, I saw a picture (posted below) a friend posted and I decided that today was going to be the day I started being compliant with my goals of living a healthier lifestyle. My plan is to start easy and slow. As the weeks go by I will add other types of exercise or increase times and/or reps.

Today is Day 1 of Week 1 and this is what I did.


It was a bit of a challenge with the amount of crunches and squats but I did it without giving up. Yaayyy Me! :) For the crunches I did 5 different types which concentrated on different parts of the abdomen. For the leg lifts I did 3 different types of leg lifts.

I felt beat afterwards because I haven't exercised in like 2-3 months. I plan on continuing this for 7 days straight and adding another type of workout to this routine or just increasing the running time. I'm crossing my fingers that I keep up with it and to make it a bit more enthusiastic for me I plan on blogging about my improvements and achievements for the week every week. I haven't decided on a day yet. Also I might decide to work out 6/7 days a week giving myself a freebie day to just chill and relax.

Of course that my eating habits will change as well. Not that I have bad eating habits but this year is a time of changes, good changes remember :). More on this next week. I need a plan for this side of things lol.

Ok. Here goes everything! Wish me luck :)

Post a Comment