Catching up

February 10, 2012

Life has been busy around here. Although I can't complain because I've been having a lot of fun living up to my new title as a "wife".

Let's go back to 2 weekends ago.
I've been meaning to blog about our new member of the family but haven't gotten the chance to. I promise to dedicate him a post of his own but for right now meet King. Our English bulldog. The hubs brought him home 2 weeks ago on a Friday when he was 6 weeks. He's 8weeks now.



During the week I've been cooking a lot more regularly. I've made all types of food from Ecuadorian to Dominican plates. The hubs and son have been eating good is all I can say. I want to start food blogging but don't really know how to go about it. I've been cooking every day but I don't think I should blog food everyday. I'm thinking of just doing special meals or unique/first time meals. We'll see what I decide. I'll probably start this weekend because I made Chili for the first time the other day and it was delicious! Yesterday I made a Dominican meal that I haven't made in like forever so I want to blog about that too.

I've also been very crafty decorating our place. I did a couple DIY projects inspired by Pinterest and by a blog I follow along with other things I've picked up over the past 2 years.



The weekend that just passed we celebrated Steven cousin's big 30 and it was fun! We went to the Brewworks for dinner then we headed downstairs to their bar and around 10ish pm we went dancing at a Spanish club who happened to have one of my favorite singers live that night. La India, have you heard her music? We had a blast :) the following day we went out for dinner at a Hibachi Restaurant and I endulged in sushi. I've been feening it for awhile and lets just say I ate enough to last me the rest of the year. Well maybe I can go one more time. Or two ;)



This week has been hectic with school and work. I feel like I'm falling behind and I can't let that happen. Taking 4 classes is definitively a challenge but I know I can do it if I put my mind to it. I just have to prioritize my life which sadly is missing out on a board I'm part of with other brides that I planned my wedding with. That takes a lot of my time so I'll have to back off for awhile.

This weekend I work Friday to Tuesday 12 hours shift everyday. It is going to suck! I'm dreading it but it will all be worth it when I head out to VA beach next Friday with the girls from the board. I'm really excited about that :)

Also I'm thinking about joining the A-Z challenge starting in April. More on that later this month but for now feel free to check it out here.

I'm also going to be doing "My day in pictures" created by fatmumslim. I've been having lots of fun doing the photoaday challenge so I'm thinking on doing a full day of pictures. I'm just waiting to decide which day I should do it so be on the lookout :)

And lastly I'm sad to announce that our puppy had his first accident. Our son likes carrying him a lot and he's pretty heavy. Meaning the dog. We tell him not to carry him but he hardly listens and often does it behind our backs anyways. So last night he put him to "sleep" on his bed and the dog fell :( poor thing was crying and in pain. We don't think he broke anything and are waiting until Monday to see how he's doing if not we'll be taking him to the vet. I think he might have a fracture because he wasn't himself all day today. I feel so bad for him. He's so tiny.

Well I guess I should wrap this up since I need to be at work soon.

What have you been up to? Anything interesting?

Have a safe weekend!

xoxo
Pamela


Post a Comment