Adrian's Nursery Reveal

March 29, 2014

nursery


I cannot believe how long it has taken me to post this! Soon we'll be making the switch to a big boys room and here I am, a year after his birth, talking about his nursery. Shame on me. 

I started the planning of this nursery since the moment I found out we were expecting. I was super excited about it because he was going to have his own room and I was free to decorate as I wished. I knew a wanted a modern style crib but they were all so expensive. So when I found this crib at Walmart.com I didn't hesitate to order it. Which then turned into a gift from my brother (I love you Peter!) 

nursery

nursery

nursery

From there I moved on to bedding. I wanted something along the lines of gender neutral. Nothing too bluish or boyish. I found this website while looking at other beddings in nursery ideas and right away I ordered that too. After our baby shower we had recieved so much cash and lots of gift cards that I decided to finish buying what I needed for the nursery. I took a trip to ikea with my mother and returned home with the dresser, frames, basket for dirty clothes, and bookshelf. Then I order a 9 cube cubby stand from Walmart as well and got the monkey basket from target the same day I went into labor. 

nursery

nursery

nursery

I had seen some saying in frames on etsy and google that I wanted so I decided to DIY it myself. I had that saved up for months before finally printing it. 

My mom bought us the rocking chair and I put it together myself in no time. It was so easy and has served its purpose well the past year. 

nursery

nursery

I used things from our baby shower and Steven's old toys we had saved away to place around the room to fill up space but one thing was getting to me. The blank wall behind the dresser. I wasn't sure if I just wanted a frame wall or a few canvases. I still haven't decided that's why it's still semi blank and the main reason why it took me so long to take pictures for the reveal. What I did do was place a wall decal with one of my favorite bible verse. 

nursery

After getting this wall decal I'm thinking I will be going with canvases but since I haven't purchase anything yet that's not set on stone. 

Other special little details around the room are things like this personalized little blanket made with lots of love by a dear friend. A piggy bank given to us by one of the nurses at the hospital. She wasn't my nurse personally but she had great affection toward me and I'll forever cherish this gift. Another blanket made with love by another dear friend which I used for his monthly pictures. Lots of stuffed animals he got from other friends and loved ones. I keep a set of small speakers in the nursery to plug in the iPod or iPhones while AJ is in there.

nursery

nursery

So there you have it. Adrian's Nursery Reveal in all it's glory. I have gotten many compliments when friends come over so that makes me happy. That even if it's not "fully" finished it looks like it is :) not to mention that my baby loves being in his room. Whether is for naps, overnight, feeding and diaper changes, or just to push the books off the shelves and pull the toys out of their cubby. 

nursery




 photo sig.jpg

Post a Comment