Things my job has taught me

June 11, 2015

UntitledFirst of all and most importantly,

Treat others the way you want to be treated. 

This is something that has stuck with me since middle school but I never undertood its true meaning until years later. Even today I think back and remember that saying. You see, at work (and in my every day life) I try to be nice to everyone that crosses my path. One thing I've learned working in the medical field (I'm sure this can relate to many other careers as well) is that in life your success is not only measured by how much you know but also by who you know. Is word of mouth and if you "slack" on a job or mistreat a person for whatever reason it might just bite you in the rear later in life. You never know who you will cross paths with again and if you'll ever need them and if you were rude to them what are the chances they'll want to help you. Maybe I'm getting a bit off topic here but my reason behind this little part is that I think ahead on the day when I grow old and find myself useless for certain things. When that day comes I hope the person caring for me treats me with dignity, respect, and love as I do for my patients. I'm not going to lie, there are days that my patients drive me crazy but I think into the future and say to mysef how would I feel if I found myself in her/his shoes and felt to be an inconvinience to someone else". Not only that but what is their story? what have they been through in life that makes them this way? Everyone have a story and we should be mindful and respectful of it.

I've learned to be even more thankful for my health and that of my loved ones. 

Life is precious, make every moment count. 

Treat everyone with kindness regardless of how you are been treated by others. 

You can't please everyone and don't expect to get along with everyone.

We are all in title to have bad, grumpy days. 

Older people can be so sweet even when they are grumpy. 

Compassion and empathy can go a long way. 

The human body is amazing!

A smile speaks for itself. 

I love what I do. 

You can't make things up in the medical field. Everyday is an adventure of its own. 

The medical field is like a box of chocolate, you never know who you're going to care for.

Coffee is my new found BFF. 


xoxo,
Pamela





Post a Comment