30 Days of Thanksgiving: My Pastors

November 9, 2016

What a beautiful day.

Today I decided to go back to my church's  bible study class. After the message I received during clinical on Monday I realized that my priorities had changed a bit since the beginning of the year. It's true that once you start to pull away from an activity it gets harder to go back to it and that's what started happening to me. Working weekends prevented me from attending the Sunday service and Wednesdays were so hectic that little by little I stopped going altogether. But yesterday, yesterday I put my foot down and made it happened, I got in my car and drove away without thinking twice and boy was it worth it.

I felt so welcomed. It felt so good being there. It's one of those places where I have no doubt that I truly belong. I was obedient, followed my heart's desire and  realized that I've been crazy for staying away from a place that brings me so much peace and happiness.

Seeing my pastor's wife was like seeing a long lost sister. She's always reaching out and praying for me even when I don't respond back. Her hug and words felt sincere and full of love. And she even surprised me by grabbing my hands before leaving and praying over me. Guys you don't even understand. There's so much power in prayer and her prayer over me was everything that I needed without her even knowing it. I don't understand how some people don't believe that there's a God when everything in my life has proven just the opposite. He is real and he loves me, and you, and you.

***Sigh***

I have so much joy in my heart I can't even sit still. Thank you Jesus for putting so many wonderful people in my life. Thank you for loving me even when I don't deserve it. Thank you for Pastor Irma, may you continue to use her to do your will and may you always bless her and her family. 

Post a Comment