30 Days of Thanksgiving: An old friend

November 3, 2016

Today I met up with an old friend. We've been friends since elementary school. We parted ways for some years while in high school but we reconnected again and we've tried keeping in touch ever since.  We try to meet up at least every six months and of course we keep up to date with social media and messaging/phone calls.

Lately I've been going through some stuff. I told her today "they tell you that nursing school will be hard but they never say it can drive you crazy". And that's how I feel, like I'm going crazy! My brain is on information overload. So much so that I seriously needed to vent and talk it out. Problem was I didn't know who to turn to. So when she messaged me about getting together I thought "um…". And sure thing our meeting was a blessing in disguise.

You see I have trust issues. I don't tell everyone my problems or worries and that's not good because it starts to drive me crazy. I was even a bit scared to talk to her but it felt so natural I couldn't help it. What made it even a greater experience that her word meant everything. Her advice and opinions were sincere. She truly listened and instead of judging me she laughed with me. We laughed together at my craziness and it felt so good. Laughter really does the soul good. So on this 3rd day of Thanksgiving  my thankfulness goes this this amazing woman who I cherish very much.

Thank you old friend. We have come a long way and I look forward to the years ahead. We really are going to grow old and be bestows in our 80s ;) 

Post a Comment